What is included with my bookkeeper?
Included in the price of Gust Launch is the expert bookkeeping team at Simplexity; California-based bookkeepers who keep all work in-house and have a long history of working with startups. Simplexity will handle your accrual-based accounting setup, code transactions directly from the integration of one bank and one credit card account, deliver your month end balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash statement and bank reconciliation, and provide email support. To learn more about the banks and credit card providers set up to work with our software, please see this FAQ.
What would this cost me outside of Gust Launch?
We’re able to pass on a significant price savings through our partnership with Simplexity. Their prices for this level of bookkeeping start at $399/month if you went to them directly.
Are there additional fees to get started?
If you have already spent money on your business (e.g. on a personal credit card), Simplexity can start your company with an opening balance based on your previous transactions through a journal entry for no fee. However, if you want all of your previous transactions re-coded then there will be an additional setup fee of $100 for every 100 transactions coded.
What if I require more bookkeeping services than what’s included?
We’ve got you covered there as well through our partnership. Simplexity provides additional bookkeeping services to Gust Launch customers for a significantly discounted price. As your business grows, you may move into an increased level of bookkeeping services, outlined below.
We’ve created Bookkeeping Pro to grow with you as your business expands, if or when you meet any of the following:
- You have multiple products and would like to account for revenue by product.
- Your revenue requires matching to a customer accounts receivable account, as opposed to a general accounts receivable that aggregates outstanding invoices.
- You receive and record bills that need to be processed and paid by Simplexity.
- You have payroll costs that need to be categorized by department.
- You require cost of goods sold (COGS) to be tracked in aggregate.
Bookkeeping Pro is +$100/month on your Gust Launch subscription (this starts at $799/month if you went to them directly) and requires a Bill.com “Team” subscription ($39 / month). Included in this package is:
- Accounts Payable for unlimited monthly bills
- Unlimited journal entries
- Live Chat Support
- Cash Monitoring
- One Merchant Account Sync (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Square, etc.)
If or when you meet any of the following, we’ll work with you to create a custom plan:
- You require Simplexity to issue invoices and collect invoices that are past due.
- You would like Simplexity to process payroll and payroll taxes.
- You require cost of goods sold (COGS) to be tracked per product category.
- You need to track and account for inventory.
This level of support is customized depending on your company’s individual needs, for a significantly discounted price. For specific inquiries or a custom quote, please reach out to us.